The Cherokee Nation has always placed a premium on education. After the original Cherokee Female Seminary (the first higher learning institution for women west of the Mississippi) in Park Hill burned in 1887, Seminary Hall was reconstructed in Tahlequah in 1889. The seminary continued until 1909 when the State of Oklahoma purchased the building. Today, Seminary Hall remains the signature building on campus at Northeastern State University.
600 North Grand AvenueTahlequah, OK 74464